Banner Advertise

Friday, September 12, 2008

[vinnomot] Contentment

Many times I have had this discussion, what does contentment mean… Is it not to have any wants or ambitions as you are happy with what you are? Does it go against evolution, dynamism and growth and ends up in stagnation? Is it the perfect excuse for the lotus-eater?
 
Well, I beg to differ. It means to be happy with whatever one has, to enjoy living in the present moment without desiring or craving for more.
 
Its just being satisfied with what you possess, being happy with what you have, and thankful for what has been given to you. … Contentment does not mean a life of inertia and stagnation, but one of slow and steady action and elevation.
 
To come to think of it, what do we crave in life? And us hankering after it, does it take us closer to that?
 
Most of us are in good, comfortable positions in life. Yet most of the time people are unhappy, why? Isn't it just expectations, (be it personal or professional) which weigh us down?
 
To me contentment means to lower expectations, not because of fear that they will remain unfulfilled, but because I want to enjoy the present, if something that is worthy of desiring happens, Let it be a surprise…If it doesn't, I never expected it..
**************************
I Need your Help, in order to improve.
Please Correct me where ever I'm wrong :
yasir_xx@hotmail.com
I'll appreciate. Thanks


__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Yahoo! Groups

Familyographer Zone

Learn how to capture

family moments.

.

__,_._,___